Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Looking For Alaska (a book)

href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CChristy%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml">
Ok I've been reading looking for alaska by John Green (btw thanks for the book Chloe it was amazing) and it brought up a lot of crap that I'd thought about in the past but was told by my dad (who is the religious type) to throw it away and don’t thing about it. The guy the book is about has to take a class kinda like religious theory and this is part of a parable that they read. Here it is:

" ‘I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and them I am going to torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God.’ ”

I’m not much for religion and all that after life stuffs and that sorta thing; honesty I gave up trying to figuring it out a long time ago but this book has got a few pretty dang good things to look into. I’m not going to talk about my point of view on religion cuz frankly I don’t want to offend anyone but what I do have to say is read that book please. There are some parts that might shock you, just skip them if they are to detailed for you; but that book is deep really deep. It goes it some stuff about death but that is not all it is about. Just read it…ok!

1 comment: